Do you have a background in retail and are interested in pivoting to a new career where you are able to combine your passion for fashion and learn about digital marketing? If so, read on!
Group 8A is one of the premier performance-based digital marketing agencies in New York City. We are a highly specialized group of individuals who have achieved over a decade of success and client satisfaction in an increasingly complex landscape. We are not your typical agency - with a work hard, play hard mentality, we’ve hacked growth on traditional media platforms and continually exceeded performance expectations for our clients. Our culture is one that fosters (and rewards!) competency, leadership, and enthusiasm towards achievement.
"I started my career working in traditional corporate retail and learned the ropes of buying and inventory management. I knew I wanted to shift my career to focus on digital e-commerce and use the skills I had already developed. Working with Group 8A has allowed me to shift gears while using my roots of store merchandising, but now with a digital mindset. I love how forward thinking, open minded, and cutting-edge Group 8A works, operates, and allows their employees to really find their potential." – Nicole, Merchant Team
We are looking for someone with relevant fashion/retail/ecommerce experience to join our team as an Associate Account Manager. This role is for someone who has strong experience managing relationships, business growth strategies and in retail merchandising. Past agency experience is not required.
This client facing role is perfect for a “people person”, with a love of innovation, a high level of organization, an interest in product, and a desire to grow your clients’ business. Unlike other agencies, our Associate Account Managers hold key roles and responsibilities within the Group 8A eco-system and serve as ambassadors for our company. Leading with data and strategy, our account managers’ act as a bridge between our clients and the internal Group 8A team. You will be part of a dynamic and exciting work environment that will require responsiveness, transparency, and professional care.
Duties & responsibilities as part of our training process:
- Be the face for Group 8A! Communicate regularly with a portfolio of clients
- Prepare and present reporting and actionable insights to clients and internal management
- Ensure all client and internal business plans/timelines are on-track and deadlines are met
- Review competitive landscape to ensure client is staying relevant within the marketplace
- Analyze client performance and providing recommendations based on analyzed results/data
- Assist in development of client projections and plans to meet or exceed these projections
Qualifications & skills:
- 5-7 years of retail and/or eCommerce merchandising experience
- Passion for product and understanding marketplace trends
- Strong people skills, with the ability to partner with and influence internal and external partners
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of how to analyze information to identify opportunities and risks
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in problem solving and decision making
- Ability to successfully manage and execute priorities in a timely manner within a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in related field
We offer a healthy mix of competitive benefits and perks, with the goal to empower you to do your best work, while investing in your professional development and well-being.
On the bleeding edge of the agency industry, our growth is driven by our investment in our people and creating an environment that sets everyone up for success and personal growth. Ask us questions about how we do it!
- Digital Nomad Program - Work from anywhere in the world and we’ll help pay for it!
- Leadership Program - We believe in promoting from within! This program accelerates the careers of our most ambitious employees.
- Classic Car Club - This membership gives you full access to the club - for work or play!
- Paid Referral Program - Refer a new member of the G8A team or add a client to our portfolio and get rewarded!
- Events - We value time together as a team and work hard to organize experiential events (or just drinks!) as often as possible.
- WFH - Our hybrid WFH policy prioritizes your safety and quality of life.